Resources submitted to the Ad-Hoc Committee on Fossil Fuels of the Board of Trustees of the University of Pittsburgh are summarized here.
- Supplemental Materials Provided by Fossil Free Pitt
- From Banks and Tanks to Cooperation and Caring: A Strategic Framework for a Just Transition (Movement Generation, 2016)
- “Harmony with Nature.” Remarks to United Nations General Assembly. (2015 Robin Wall Kimmerer)
- Maximizing Returns to Colleges & Communities: A Handbook on Community Investment (Responsible Endowments Coalition, 2009)
- Pernicious Placement Pennsylvania Power Plants: Natural Gas-Fired Power Plant Boom Reinforces Environmental Injustice (Food & Water Watch, 2018)
- The Reinvest Report: Divesting from Injustice & Reinvesting in Community, in New England and Beyond (The Solidarity Economy Initiative, 2018)
- External Reference Materials Submitted via Public Comment
- "COGA Fact Sheet: Everyday Products & Uses." (Colorado Oil and Gas Association, 2020)
- “Estimation of global final-stage energy-return-on-investment for fossil fuels with comparison to renewable energy sources.” Nature Energy, 4, 612–621. (Brockway et al, 2019)
- "Examining the Impact of Divestment from Fossil Fuels on University Endowments." New York University Journal of Law and Business, Vol. 17, 2020. Roger Williams Univ. Legal Studies Paper No. 195. (Ryan & Marsicano, 2020)
- Financial Performance of Sustainable Investing: The State of the Field and Case Studies for Endowments. (Intentional Endowments Network, 2020)
- Fossil Fuel Investments: Looking Backwards May Prove Costly to Investors in Today’s Market. (Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, 2019).
- Green versus brown: Comparing the employment impacts of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and fossil fuels using an input-output model.” Economic Modelling, 61, 439-447. (Garrett-Peltier 2017)
- “Opinion: Coronavirus will realign investors’ priorities toward a new normal of sustainability.” MarketWatch. (Stoner & Schimel, 2020)
- “Pollution from Fossil-Fuel Combustion is the Leading Environmental Threat to Global Pediatric Health and Equity: Solutions Exist.” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 15(1): 16. (Perera, 2018)
- “The Hidden Costs of Fossil Fuels: The true costs of coal, natural gas, and other fossil fuels aren’t always obvious—but their impacts can be disastrous.” (Union of Concerned Scientists, 2016)
- “Trump's EPA Concludes Environmental Racism Is Real.” The Atlantic. (Newkirk, 2018)
- “UC becomes nation’s largest university to divest fully from fossil fuels.” Los Angeles Times. May 19, 2020.
Last Updated, 12-10-20